Thursday, January 1, 2015

WELCOME to the New Year!

In a few posts back I talked about how I had taken down a few ceiling fans and held on to the ceiling fan blades.




I decided to welcome 2015 with a "Welcome" sign.

I simply glued the blades together and taped the back for additional support.




Usually I would have closed the holes, but for this I opted to keep this open. I primed the blades and used white as the base color and then streaked some red on top.




I then topped it with Country Blue paint and distressed it.




I'm not an artist and I can't print worth a flip, so I printed the words WELCOME, traced over it with #2 pencil and transferred it over to my sign.








Then it was just a matter of me painting in the letters, adding stencils and other decorative touches.







I really like how this turned out and it was a neat way to welcome in the New Year!





A lovely Welcome sign for your door or wall!




Enjoy your New Year and don't forget to LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

1 comment:

Rhissanna said...

What a fabulous idea, Sherry. I swear, you can change anything with paint! You're a marvel!