Monday, February 13, 2012

No Sew Window Treatment

In a previous blog I showed where my son assisted me by taking down borders over the holiday. 


 The dark borders along with dark curtains made the room dreary...So I decided it was time to change my window treatment.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money which meant I would have to whip up something myself.  Thankfully Home Fabric was having a terrific "Buy 2 yards get 1 yard free".  I found some lovely fabric for $5 a yard so a purchase of 6yds only cost me $20 then I bought 6 yds of ribbon for $5.  So, with my $25 purchase I was ready to get started. 




My first thought was to whip out my sewing machine but then I remembered how well the No Sew glue worked on my pillows, so I decided to give it a go...  Because it's so hot in the summer I knew I was going to keep the curtains short which allows for a better flow of air.  After taking measurements glued the sides and hem.





I then cut the ribbon in 7" strips and folded it over and glued at top.  Rather than using clips I will be using the ribbon to hang curtains.




That was it!  Once everything was dry it was time to hang them.

I decided to keep my  old sheers...



I had already had some tassels that I had taken off of another window treatment, so I decided to use them here.
















I have about 1 yard of fabric left, so I'll be whipping up some decorative No Sew Pillows soon!  Not bad for a $25 purchase...

Have Fun and don't forget to LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job! Thanks for sharing Sherry! Hugs

Josie said...

Looks great! I am actually headed to the garment district in L.A. this weekend to get some fabric to make curtains also!

hippie_mom said...

I love those and even better since I don't sew. Thanks for the tip! New follower from Creative Bloggers Hop

Eclectically Vintage said...

You had me at no sew!! So simple and looks great. Just started following on Linky too (already GFC follower).
Kelly

Olive said...

I cannot sew so this works wonderfully for me Sherry.

Anonymous said...

I love no sew! It looks great! What a transformation! I'm now following on Linky Follower. I look forward to more inspiring posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Great job, who would think you could do something this pretty looking without sewing! I love the new look, don't you just love fabric. You should be proud! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay. Following you on Linky!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This turned out nice! Happily following you now via GFC and Linky :)

thistlewoodfarm said...

How pretty your new valance looks! I really like the neutral color!

blessings,
karianne

Chynadoll said...

Love the colors! Very nice:)

Beth @A Little Country House said...

No sew is all I can handle! Looks great, did you do that painted brick too?

Brooke said...

How pretty! And what an amazing fabric deal!! I'm waiting for something like that to come along for me so I can make some pillow covers. Gorgeous fabric that you chose! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes Sherry! :)

www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! These turned out fabulous! Following back via Linky!

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Unknown said...

looks great thanks for stoping by my blog I'm following you now too Happy Valentine's day

Full Circle Creations said...

Looks good. Followed you back!

Holly

Jeannie Marie said...

Love the blog title! Thanks for the follow, I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to see what's next!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Had to drop by to see what you've been up to. You had me at "No Sew". Very nice, Sherry.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your new curtains look great! And they are no sew. I love that since I don't sew.

Sherry said...

Beth I'm sorry I'm just now reading your question. Yes I did the faux bricks a few years ago.

Tammy @ Type A said...

thanks for following me! following back, nice to meet you!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful and so unique! Stopping over via the blog hop! So nice to meet you!I'm a new follower :)

Devi McDonald @ Diddles and Dumplings said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower :) *follower number 200 to be exact!*

Devi
http://diddlesanddumplings.blogspot.com