Friday, July 29, 2011

Free Design Color eCourse

I envy people who appear to have this natural talent for putting colors together (I don't envy them in a bad way, I just wish I could do it).  My sister can look at a room and begin rattling about colors to use.  I remember one year I had visited her and she told me she was going to change her dining room to purple & silver.  Well, secretly I thought that was the worse combination, but I just smiled at her.  The next year when I visited, she showed off her dining room, all I could say was “Wow”. 

It generally takes me days, maybe weeks to decide on what colors to use in a room.  I go through picture after picture just to make sure I have the right combination.  I sometimes feel like I’m swimming in a sea of hopelessness when it’s time to decorate a room.  I remember going days with very little sleep worried over my color selection.

I came across a free online Interior Decorating and Design Color eCourse and it helped me out tremendously.  There are days I struggle, but I'm getting better.  They offer other courses as well, so check them out.  Oh, and did I mention it was FREE?

Below are color combination's put together by David Bromstad, he definitely splashes a room with color - this is what I call creativity!  If you want to see more of his work just click on HGTV.






LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

No comments: