Monday, July 25, 2011

When life deals you lemons, make lemon meringue pie. When your salary is cut go buy paint.

How would you feel if you had just put your son in college and your company announced a salary cut? More companies like mine were looking for means of survival during this economic tsunami. I knew it had to be done, and I knew it was temporary, but the timing sucked…

I had a choice – Complain or Do
My house is over 20 years old and the walls, which were always white, hadn’t been painted for most of those years, the thought of hiring a painter was out of the question.

My sister Sharon always used colors artfully in her home and I thought about a feathered technique she had did. I called her to get some pointers but afterward decided to do a sponge technique I had heard about.

My foyer, the smallest area in the house, was my first attempt. It was my first official paint job, I made lots of mistakes, but let’s not focus on that right now, it was the first time my walls had felt color, be proud for me!


I have since repainted my foyer, but this was my first fling with paint, I'll never forget my first...
LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

No comments: