I decided I wanted to transform it into a vase...
I wanted to add some flowers to make it look more "vase-y" (is that a word?). I remembered reading the blog villabarnes and I was inspired to try plastering some silk flowers.
I rummaged through my bag and
came across selected these
Apparently I did something wrong because this is how it turned out
So I decided to give it another attempt. I had never used Plaster of Paris before so I assumed my mixture was weak - too watery. I added some more powder to the mixture to stiffen it along with a little more gesso.
Then I grabbed another flower...
Although some of the color seeped through, I thought she was a beauty! (smile)
I didn't let it dry completely before picking up so pieces of plaster crumbled off revealing some of the stem,
but I like it thought it was perfectly imperfect!
I did several but I wasn't sure how I wanted to place them in the vase.
After some thought I decided rather than sticking the flowers inside the vase I would lay it on top of the vase and seal it with glue.
The piece sticking up in the back is a strip from a coconut tree...
I call this vase my INSPIRATION.
You can click here to see special wrapping.
I hope you're inspired to LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!