Monday, August 6, 2012

Big Ring & Dining Chairs

I'm sure you're familiar with those fashionable big rings everybody's wearing.  I luv them but personally I think my fingers are too short & stubby so big rings sort of over power my hands.  Anyhow when I saw this ring I knew it was the right ring for me...





I liked it so much I bought 4 of them...yep!  Not 1 or 2, I wanted 4 of the same rings.  I know you're wondering why. 




 Definitely not for my fingers.  What caught my attention was the stretchy band.





And that's why I bought 4 of them!  Remember my dining chairs I covered sometime back? (click here)   I decided I wanted to dress them up a bit.  So I took some sheer fabric I had lying around (the same sheer fabric I used for my dining room window treatment).






I folded the fabric to go around the bottom back of the chair.









I then used the ring to hold it in place in the back




Four rings for 4 chairs!



The rings were $1.50 each and I already had fabric.  Total cost for the update, a Whopping $6!


BEFORE




AFTER




Who said rings should be worn on our fingers only??? LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

21 comments:

Brandi said...

Nice touch, Sherry! Really made a difference!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

The way you look at things, never ceases to amaze me. This is brilliant. I absolutely love those rings on the back of your chair. Seriously stunning look.

Peggy said...

Love this - what a clever idea to dress up your chairs!
Peggy

Unknown said...

Sherry what a super Idea! I love the look...only you could create this look!
Have a wonderful week!

Tina said...

I love it! It really does add that special/unique touch to the chairs.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Perfect way to dress up the chairs!

JoKnows said...

Oh, how pretty, Sherry!

Natalie @ NorthShore Days said...

I seriously love this - Sherry you are so creative xxx Nat

Rhissanna said...

Another brilliant idea, Sherry! Those are nice rings, but you're right, they're better as home decor (they're freakin' HUGE) What an imaginative way to use them.

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Frugal and cute, I love it! I always see these rings and try to think of something to do with them. You are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
Barbe

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

By the way, Frugal Treasures Tuesday party is up and running. -_^

Comeca Jones said...

Very cute idea!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Such an elegant touch, not too little, not too much, just the perfect touch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! OH, my goodness - this is so pretty! Elegant and easy - I love it. You're the mostest! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me an be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Patty said...

Those rings are so pretty. And they look great on the chairs. Chair jewelry - who would have thought but you!? Great idea!

Donna Wilkes said...

Love the bling for the classy-looking chairs! I don't wear jewelry any more - maybe I can recycle what I have! Thanks for your visit to my blog!

ღ Jans Life According To Milo ღ said...

That is such a great idea, it really dresses the chairs up right! : ).. Your craft ideas are always great!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Now that was a beautiful way to use them! I thought you were going to use them as napkin rings, but that is even better!
Blessings,
Susie

PJH Designs said...

Love this idea! Thanks forsharing at Totally Transformation Tuesday!

PJH Designs said...

Love this idea! Thanks forsharing at Totally Transformation Tuesday!

joseph said...

I would love to write and say what a great job you did on this, as you have put a lot of work into it.
dining chairs