Monday, August 27, 2012

Towel Basket & Computer Chair

First let me apologize for the quality of these pictures.  Some are quite dark & others too light ;(


My son had an old computer chair where the back had came off.  Generally we just kicked it around in the house to kick our feet up on when watching TV or for other trivia things. 






I decided I wanted to use it for my towel basket that I kept placed on the floor in my bath.







I first spray painted the chair jade, I had to use 2 cans of paint to get a even coat over the black.  Then I grabbed some silk flowers to attach to the basket with raffia.








 

I rearranged my towels, and that was it!








Napkin rings & silk leaf for towels








There you have it.  Not much, but lifting the basket off the floor does makes for better.







LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

19 comments:

Susie said...

Sherry, That's so darn cute. I like the idea of a rolling basket. That would work in crafting areas too. Smiles, Susie

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

What a great use for an old computer chair! Totally cool way to get a basket up off the floor!

Brandi said...

Oh jade, such a pretty shade of green. Great way to get the basket off the floor.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Lovely! I love baskets with towels, and the fall look is so pretty!!!!
Blessings,
Susie

Agy said...

Cool idea!

Myric said...

That sounds like a great idea as use of an old unwanted broken office chair!

Have a great day!

XO
Myric

fiona anderson said...

The basket definitely looks better off the floor. Love the colour of the chair and the styling - great job !

JoKnows said...

You have a remarkable way of looking at things. What a vision. I would have tossed it, not seeing it as anything but a broken chair. You are the ultimate recycler. :)

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Another lovely idea. You always have a way of taking the ordinary and making it a bit more extraordinary.

Patty said...

I love the jade color Sherry. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. I am going to pin this because we have a chair like that.

Help! Mama Remote... said...

That's what you call repurposing. I bet it's easier to move around if you have to. Great idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty Sherry! Oh, I wish you were my neighbor! :) You're just amazing with these ideas you come up with. I love the color and basket. I have a little desk chair and don't tell anyone, but the seat and back are orange!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I think you found a much better use for that old chair! It looks great painted that jade color!

Debbiedoos said...

You are just too cute and clever on this idea. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Roeshel said...

You always have the most clever ideas, Sherry! Thanks so much for sharing! ;) Have a great rest of the week!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Fantastic idea! You are so creative :) The basket is adorable.

Unknown said...

amazing creativity
http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

Comeca Jones said...

Good idea Sherry!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, this has got to be the most information, with your help and tips through the whole of the internet. Its been truly appreciated.!!

towel rails