Friday, November 30, 2012

Bath Trays

I fell in love with bath trays every since I spied this.


Source:  Indulgy.com

So while I was redoing my spare bath I knew I had to have one.  What I didn't know was that these trays can be expensive, so I did the next best thing; make my own.

I needed wood unfortunately I don't own an electric saw and I don't know of anyone who has a saw to cut wood for me so I shopped around for a substitute.  


At Kelly's I came across boards 12" x 24", although this was a shy bit too short I decided to improvise.  I had some spare molding laying around and shims so decided to give it a try.  It worked out perfect!









For adhesion I used wood glue; caulking was used to fill in the crevices.





For my Spare Bath I kept it white and added raised stenciling for detail, sealing it with poly.












This also makes for nice shelving for tub accessories










This is a terrific way to beautify a tub and accessorize.

For my bath I was inspired by a bronze & silver metal vase I keep on top of my tub.





So I used metallic paints.





By candle light.










Have fun and LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

8 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Sherry I love this! I too have seen these and thought they were too expensive! Yours looks like a million bucks!! Nice job!

JoKnows said...

What a wonderful idea Sherry! It looks beautiful.

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

I think this is a fabulous idea, great thinking! You got what you wanted, without spending a lot of money and it is perfect. Way to go!!

Rhissanna said...

Very, very nice, Sherry! I hope you get a chance to light some candles and have a soak and enjoy your work in peace and quiet. Your bathroom is really lovely and your raised stencil work looks fab on that bath tray.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Danni! Yours looks very elegant!

Peggy said...

Sherry - they turned out great!
Peggy

Brandi said...

I love the look of your bath tray. Looks like you are ready to relax with your lit candles.

Tina said...

Those turned out great. They look so much better than the inspiration piece. Love them.