Monday, September 12, 2011

Breakfast Table

My kitchen table was one of those sturdy tables that could take a lot of banging. I think everybody owned one... you couldn't show it off but it worked well with having everybody sit around the table for meals, studying or playing games. 

After 15+ years it started to break down, sort of like my body (smile), so I kept it covered with cute and sometimes pretty table cloths. Of course I wanted to get rid of it, but I was curious to see if I could fix it up.  I browsed through magazines to get some idea of the color I wanted, but because I had accumulated so much paint, I decided to mess around with what I had.  While rummaging through some of my stuff I also found some fabric one of my friends, Sandra Harrison, had given me some years ago.  I immediately knew I wanted to use this fabric for chair covering.

BEFORE

Table had started chipping around the edges

Fabric in chair given to me by friend

Work in progress...

AFTER


















How cute is it!  Every time I look at my table it reminds me of the time I visited my sister Teresa.  I'll never forget how she had a basket of fried chicken wings on the table waiting for us.  We all sat around the table, munched on chicken wings, and talked about our younger years.  If I was as good of a cook as her I would have a basket of chicken wings on my table every weekend to show off my 'ugly duckling' turned 'beautiful swan'!

The next time you're sitting around your table eating fried chicken, mashed potatoes, collard greens and corn bread just wipe your mouth, smile and LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

What a beautiful colour! Great job!

Brandi said...

great makeover! i love the color too! you should be so proud of the job you did.