Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Computer Desk

Some years ago a very dear neighbor of mine "Fat Back" gave my son a computer desk.  It was one of those plain brown desks that you could find practically anywhere nothing fancy.  After a few years my son had gotten a laptop, the desk was moved into the guest bedroom, and eventually it got 'beat up' and became an eye sore.  I was on the verge of dumping the desk and then "Fat Back" fell ill and died.  I guess I'm a sentimentalist because after he passed I felt compelled to hold on to the desk; perhaps this is my way of holding on to memories?

I moved the desk from the guest bedroom, placed it in my study.  It sat there for about a month looking tattered and forlorn.  Finally I tackled the job of painting it.  

BEFORE
AFTER


Somebody asked if I painted the TV (lol).  No, I didn't, it's a different TV, the blue definitely didn't match the decor.

The moral of this story.  "If you have trash, turn it into treasure!"
 LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry, stopping by from The Scott's Crib:) This is pretty darn creative if I say so myself. Never would have crossed my mind;) Very clever!

Anonymous said...

Awesome things here. I'm very glad to peer your post. Thank you so much and I'm taking a look ahead to contact you.

Will you please drop me a mail?
My blog : Gadget News

Anonymous said...

How did you get the marble look?