Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Paint your Glass Vases

At some point during our lifespan we find ourselves with countless glass vases.  Initially the vases are beautiful and we proudly display them on a shelf, in a window, or on a table.  But as they accumulate we begin storing them in our closet or under the sink.  Usually these vases have memories so you don't want to throw them away, you know, flowers for Mother's Day, birthday's, anniversary, etc.

One day, while trying to make room to store other junk treasures I pulled out a few vases trying to decide what to do with them.  I've been experimenting with paint so I decided to play around.  Sorry, I don't have all of the before pictures.

  


To get an abstract design, use blue tape and then spray paint.  Or you can spray paint and then drizzle your paint on the vase.  The best part about doing vases is that you can use your imagination.  It's whatever you want it to be.

When you have a chance visit this blog DON'T DISTURB THIS GROOVE Brandi was very creative in designing unique vases from spaghetti jars.  Easy and quick, that's when you're naturally creative! Who would have thought to use tree bark? You have to take time to visit her site.

I especially love how she carved her and her spouse initials on the bark....doesn't that take you way, way back!
LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

thanks so much for mentioning my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed my vase. I've been outside gathering sticks so i can make another. your vases look great as well. i would have never thought to spray paint glass!!

Kahli said...

Thanks for visiting the blog Sherry. Glad you enjoyed your visit. The spray paint took amazingly well to the glass vases! Great job.

http://designpardeux.com

Sherry said...

Brandi, Thanks. I can't wait to see what you stir up. I'll be checking in daily!

Sherry said...

Kahli thanks for dropping by.