Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Candle Holder

I've been playing around with Christmas Gifts for my colleagues.  Two thoughts came to mind - candle holders and vases.  I completed one candle holder that I'm really pleased with and I wanted to share with you.

This is the brandy snifter I used 


I then covered it completely with tissue paper using glue.



I let it dry for a day and then I painted it








This is what it looks like when when lit- using a tea candle.  The tissue paper creates lovely intricate design patterns.



I also started working on a small vase... my biggest dilemma is the color.  I'm shying away from reds & greens because I don't want anything too "Christmas-sy" where these gifts can only be used during the holiday season.  I'm also realizing these are quite time consuming and with a full time job, each one is going to take longer then I had anticipated.

I'll be posting as I complete each one.  With Christmas right around the corner now is the time to LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!

7 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice job. A bunch of these would look great as a centerpiece. You can always go with a neutral color. That way you can use it anytime of the year.

sharon said...

LOVE IT! CAN U USE DIFFERENT COLOR TISSUE PAPER OR DO YOU HAVE TO USE JUST WHITE OR BEIGE? IT IS BEAUTIFUL ESP WITH THE CANDLE LITE!

Brandi said...

very nice! I'm sure they will love their gifts!

Sherry said...

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone.
@Sharon - I'm sure you can use different color tissue paper. I only had white at the time and decided to use what I had. I would love to see how yours turn out with color paper.

CLD said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog and kind comments. Oh my gosh...just took a tour of your blog...I want your energy. You are amazing. Your home is lovely and your special details are just fabulous. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the day! Bobbie...

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

This is so cool! I love the effect it has when it's lit. I'm following you back!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

I just stumbled onto your blog! How creative you are! This was such a great idea! I'm looking forward to all of your future posts. I am a newbie to blogging and your newest follower. I hope you will follow me too! Many blessings to you!